The Blackhawk community was first conceptualized in the early 1990s when the Hait Ranch along West Mountain Road was sold to LB Industries. This land sale resulted in the development of Blackhawk Lake which sold 57 homesites set along the shores of a 120-acre mountain lake.
In the late 1990s with the sell-out of Blackhawk Lake, LB Industries moved to develop the second phase of the Blackhawk community selling 62 homesites in three phases at Blackhawk Ranch. The Ranch sits atop a ridge overlooking the Payette River and surrounding wetlands.
In 2004, LB Industries sold the remaining Blackhawk development to Blackhawk Partners, LLC. This new development group worked to develop the third phase of the Blackhawk community and brought to life the Blackhawk on the River, a 1550-acre neighborhood sitting along 5 miles of the scenic Payette River. Blackhawk on the River includes 157 of homesites, 49 of which have been sold.
Future development of the Blackhawk community will include Blackhawk Meadows, situated at the southern portion of the entire community, and Red Ridge, a 3,000-acre parcel spanning the western ridge adjacent to West Mountain Road.
- 1551-acre conservation-oriented community.
- Set on five miles of the North Fork of the Payette River.
- Less than 12 miles from two ski resorts: Tamarack Resort and Brundage Mountain Resort.
- 10 minutes southwest of downtown McCall, Idaho.
- Set on a 364-acre Wildlife Preserve.
- Over 500 acres of preserved open space.
- Wide selection of property types available to fit any lifestyle or budget.
- 7.8 mile trail system, connecting over 500 miles of trails in Valley County.
- 12 kilometers of groomed Nordic skiing.
- A 40-acre equestrian center with several horses onsite for riding lessons and trail rides.
- Horse boarding facilities available for residents.
- High efficiency, low impact building practices.
- 13 miles of braided side-channel fish habitat filled with Rainbow and Brook Trout.
- White, sandy river-front beaches.
- Landscape includes two freshwater lakes stocked with trout, forested river bluffs, meadows, living wetlands and river islands.
- Wildlife includes elk, moose, barn owls, herons, bald eagles, osprey, ducks, geese, cranes, fox, otters, coyotes, rainbow trout, and more.
- 10,000 square foot lodge available for events, corporate retreats, meetings and weddings.
- Heated outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, sauna and steam room, media center, spa treatment rooms and conference facilities.
- The Bend: Luxurious three-bedroom vacation rentals available for guests.